Nakao Vinyard in Koriyama City’s Nakata-machi district cultivates wine grapes as a contracting vinyard for the Fukushima Ouse Winery. Hideaki Nakao produces grapes with a sense of pride, and the knowledge that making good wine starts with high quality grapes. This year, he also plans to release a wine made 100% from grapes of his own vinyard: Cuvee Nakao. Join this edition of FoodCamp for a visit to the Nakao’s vinyard, the Ouse Winery, and a fantastic course lunch that goes well with wine.
Fukushima Ouse Winery https://ousewinery.jp
This tour is no longer offered.
A report is being prepared.
- Good wine starts with good grapes Ownner, Nakao Vinyard Hideaki NAKAO
- Nakao Vinyard in Koriyama City's Nakata-machi district cultivates wine grapes as a contracting vinyard for the Fukushima Ouse Winery. Hideaki Nakao produces grapes with a sense of pride, and the realization that good wine starts with good grapes. Meet this pioneer of Fukushima wine grapes!
- Treating ingredients with honesty PETIT GREEN - Fumiyasu SUZUKI
- All chefs process ingredients some way or another. Despite losing the original shape and texture, maintaining the characteristics and inherent flavor of the ingredients is to 'treat ingredients with honesty.' For chef Suzuki, thoroughly understanding producers is of the utmost importance.
- July 8 (Sat.)
Per person ￥18,700 Same price applies for children/participants arriving by own transportation *same rate applies for children/participants travelling to the venue directly with their own vehicle.
- What to wear/bring
- ・This tour takes place outdoors. In case of clear skies, please prepare a hat or cap to protect you from the sunlight.
・Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
・In order to prevent the further spread of COVID-19, please wear a mask.
- Conditions of Participation
- Participation open to everyone over elementary school-age, and able to participate on their own (no need for accompaniment by a care helper, or with permission from a doctor). Same price for adults and children.
- Operating Company
- Koriyama Kanko Kotsu K.K.
- Tour Operator
- Magonote Travel's own staff will accompany the tour.
- Payment Method
- Please refer to "How To Apply" for more information.
- Travel Insurance
- Travel insurance is required for all tours, in case of accidents and emergencies. The insurance fee is included in the price. For this reason, we need to ask for your date of birth.
- Cancellation Fee
The following cancellation fees will be charged for tours with lodging and tickets: 20 to 8 days in advance: 20%, 7 to 2 days in advance: 30%, the day before the tour: 40%, on the scheduled date before the tour starts: 50%, no-show without notice: 100%.
For one-day tours, the following fees will be charged retroactively from the day before the start of the tour: 10 to 8 days in advance: 20%, 7 to 2 days in advance: 30%, 1 day in advance: 40%, on the scheduled date before the tour starts: 50%, no-show without notice: 100%.
- In case of bad weather
- The tour will not be cancelled in case of bad weather. However, in case the tour has to be cancelled due to a natural disaster, you will be informed one day before the tour. In this case, you will receive a full refund.
- Minimum number of participants
- If there are fewer than 15 participants the tour will be cancelled. In such case we will inform you at least 4 days in advance.
- Terms and Conditions of Travel
- Please visit the ‘Terms and Conditions of Travel'-page.
- Other points of caution
- In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we ask all guests to fill in a health-check form beforehand. We will send you the details after we have received your application. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.