The Kidogawa River – that starts in the Abukuma mountain range and flows into the Pacific Ocean at the town of Naraha – is one of the few rivers in Japan where salmon swim upstream. After a break in operations after the 2011 disaster, the Kidogawa Fishery Cooperative restarted in force in 2015. Join this edition of FoodCamp, to experience the circle of life, through the spirit of Kentaro Suzuki of the Kidogawa Fishery Cooperative, hoping to restore the vitality of Kidogawa River. The meal will be provided by Chef Fukushima of Cross Wonder Dining, making for a unique chance to celebrate the revival of Kidogawa River’s fishing industry!
Kidogawa Fishery Cooperative - http://www.kidogawa.jp/
CROSS WONDER DINING - https://www.cross-wonder-dining.com
This tour is no longer offered.
A report is being prepared.
- Bringing salmon back to Kidogawa River Hatchery Head, Kidogawa Fishing Coop Kentaro SUZUKI
- One of the few rivers in Japan where salmon swim upstream, the Kidogawa flows into the Pacific Ocean at the town of Naraha. The Kidogawa Fishery Cooperative resumed operations in 2015. After release, salmon return after 4 or 5 years. Kentaro Suzuki is dedicated to bring life back to Kidogawa River.
- Bringing out the richness of Hamadoori Cross Wonder Dining Nobuyuki FUKUSHIMA
- Chef Fukushima is from Miyazaki Prefecture, but moved to Iwaki for the opening of restaurant Cross Wonder Dining. Working with Hamadori's rich products brings out the best in him. This FoodCamp will be his first time preparing salmon from Kidogawa, adding another layer of excitement!
- November 4 (Sat.)
Per person ￥18,700 Same price applies for children/participants arriving by own transportation
- What to wear/bring
- ・This tour takes place outdoors. In case of clear skies, please prepare a hat or cap to protect you from the sunlight.
・Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
・In order to prevent the further spread of COVID-19, please wear a mask.
- Conditions of Participation
- Participation open to everyone over elementary school-age, and able to participate on their own (no need for accompaniment by a care helper, or with permission from a doctor). Same price for adults and children.
- Operating Company
- Koriyama Kanko Kotsu K.K.
- Tour Operator
- Magonote Travel's own staff will accompany the tour.
- Payment Method
- Please refer to "How To Apply" for more information.
- Travel Insurance
- Travel insurance is required for all tours, in case of accidents and emergencies. The insurance fee is included in the price. For this reason, we need to ask for your date of birth.
- Cancellation Fee
The following cancellation fees will be charged for tours with lodging and tickets: 20 to 8 days in advance: 20%, 7 to 2 days in advance: 30%, the day before the tour: 40%, on the scheduled date before the tour starts: 50%, no-show without notice: 100%.
For one-day tours, the following fees will be charged retroactively from the day before the start of the tour: 10 to 8 days in advance: 20%, 7 to 2 days in advance: 30%, 1 day in advance: 40%, on the scheduled date before the tour starts: 50%, no-show without notice: 100%.
- In case of bad weather
- The tour will not be cancelled in case of bad weather. However, in case the tour has to be cancelled due to a natural disaster, you will be informed one day before the tour. In this case, you will receive a full refund.
- Minimum number of participants
- If there are fewer than 15 participants the tour will be cancelled. In such case we will inform you at least 4 days in advance.
- Terms and Conditions of Travel
- Please visit the ‘Terms and Conditions of Travel'-page.
- Other points of caution
- In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we ask all guests to fill in a health-check form beforehand. We will send you the details after we have received your application. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.