Furudono Town, in the South-East of Fukushima Prefecture. Kensei Yanai is the ninth generation in the line of brewers of the Toyokuni Brewery, with its 200 years of history. As a young brewer with a big influence both near and far, he has recently garnered a lot of attention with the launch of a new brand, called ‘Ibuki.’
Join FoodCamp-veteran Chef Matsuoka (Restaurant L-Marl) to find out what Furudono Town has to offer through this banquet of Japanese sake and French cuisine.
Toyokuni Brewery azuma-toyokuni.com
Restaurant L-Marl www.l-marl.jp
Enjoy a typical Japanese atmosphere in a two-centuries-old brewery
It has been 200 years since the Toyokuni Brewery in Furudono Town was founded. Brewer Yanai-san will take you on a tour through the brewery, while regaling you with the history of sake brewed here for generations on end.
Get a feel for Furudono with a rice-paddies tour and local-cuisine workshop
Shimimochi is a common delicacy in households of the Furudono-area. Keiko Ozawa will represent local mothers in giving a class on the cuisine passed down in this area. Her son, Yoshinori Ozawa, is the producer of rice for the Toyokuni Brewery. Learn more about the sake-rice paddies.
Experience Chef Matsuoka's French cuisine in harmony with Japanese sake in a sake brewery
Chef Matsuoka ー adamant about conveying the philosophy of his ingredients' producers ー offers original French cuisine full of surprises. Expectations are high for the harmony between Toyokuni Brewery's fine sake and French cuisine. We are also excited to see the result of the brewery's rebirth as a local meeting space!
- Brewer, Toyokuni Brewery - Kensei YANAI
- Chef, Restaurant L-marl - Tadashi MATSUOKA
- Ozawa Farm - Keiko & Yoshinori OZAWA
- October 23 (Sun.)
Per person ￥16,800 *same rate applies for children/participants travelling to the venue directly with their own vehicle.
- Tour Operator
- Magonote Travel's own staff will accompany the tour.
- Payment Method
- Please refer to "How To Apply" for more information.
- Travel Insurance
- Travel insurance is required for all tours, in case of accidents and emergencies. The insurance fee is included in the price. For this reason, we need to ask for your date of birth.
- Cancellation Fee
The following cancellation fees will be charged for tours with lodging and tickets: 20 to 8 days in advance: 20%, 7 to 2 days in advance: 30%, the day before the tour: 40%, on the scheduled date before the tour starts: 50%, no-show without notice: 100%.
For one-day tours, the following fees will be charged retroactively from the day before the start of the tour: 10 to 8 days in advance: 20%, 7 to 2 days in advance: 30%, 1 day in advance: 40%, on the scheduled date before the tour starts: 50%, no-show without notice: 100%.
- In case of bad weather
- The tour will not be cancelled in case of bad weather. However, in case the tour has to be cancelled due to a natural disaster, you will be informed one day before the tour. In this case, you will receive a full refund.
- Terms and Conditions of Travel
- Please visit the ‘Terms and Conditions of Travel'-page.