Nagatoshi Shiraishi of Farm Shiraishi can rightly be called the symbol of Iwaki’s energy. Not easily dicouraged and equipped with a carefree smile, his hardworking spirit is infectious. Chef Fukushima (Cross Wonder Dining) turns Shiraishi’s winter vegetables into a new genre, called ‘Wakan-Yosai.’ With the addition of father and son Manabu & Takashi Kondo from the Obori Soma-yaki pottery workshop Toukichirougama, with their unique philosophy, this edition of FoodCamp has a lot going for it!
Winter-vegetables Harvesting and Lunch at Shiraishi Farm
Harvest seasonal winter-vegetables at Shiraishi Farm, such as broccoli, onions, cabbage, daikon, carrot and napa cabbage, and in particular 'Chobei'-Japanese Taro, listed as one Iwaki's brand 'Mukashi-yasai' vegetables. Afterwards, enjoy lunch together with Shiraishi-san and Kondo-san at a particularly large greenhouse built after the tsunami.
Collaboration between Chef Fukushima (CROSS WONDER DINING)'s 'Wakanyosai' and Iwaki's Vegetables
Learn about 'Wakanyosai' prepared at Cross Wonder Dining, the restaurant on the premises of Wonder Farm in Iwaki City. This edition of FoodCamp features a special collaboration with the vegetables of Shiraishi Farm.
Climbing Kiln Tour & Pottery Experience
After the Great East Japan Earthquake, father and son Manabu & Takashi Kondo moved their Obori Soma-yaki pottery workshop 'Toukichi Rougama' from Namie ton Yotsukura (Iwaki), and continue to express and further develop the Soma-yaki craft with their own philosophy. Experience the beauty of Obori Soma-yaki through a visit to the rare climbing kiln, a tour of the workshop, and a pottery class.
- Representative, Farm Shiraishi Nagatoshi SHIRAISHI
- Chef, CROSS WONDER DINING Nobuyuki FUKUSHIMA
- Obori Soma-yaki Kiln 'Toukichirougama' Manabu & Takashi KONDO
- November 26 (Sat.)
Per person ￥17,800 *same rate applies for children/participants travelling to the venue directly with their own vehicle.
- What to wear/bring
- ・This tour takes place outdoors. In case of clear skies, please prepare a hat or cap to protect you from the sunlight.
・Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
・In order to prevent the further spread of COVID-19, please wear a mask.
- Conditions of Participation
- Participation open to everyone over elementary school-age, and able to participate on their own (no need for accompaniment by a care helper, or with permission from a doctor). Same price for adults and children.
- Operating Company
- Koriyama Kanko Kotsu K.K.
- Tour Operator
- Magonote Travel's own staff will accompany the tour.
- Payment Method
- Please refer to "How To Apply" for more information.
- Travel Insurance
- Travel insurance is required for all tours, in case of accidents and emergencies. The insurance fee is included in the price. For this reason, we need to ask for your date of birth.
- Cancellation Fee
The following cancellation fees will be charged for tours with lodging and tickets: 20 to 8 days in advance: 20%, 7 to 2 days in advance: 30%, the day before the tour: 40%, on the scheduled date before the tour starts: 50%, no-show without notice: 100%.
For one-day tours, the following fees will be charged retroactively from the day before the start of the tour: 10 to 8 days in advance: 20%, 7 to 2 days in advance: 30%, 1 day in advance: 40%, on the scheduled date before the tour starts: 50%, no-show without notice: 100%.
- In case of bad weather
- The tour will not be cancelled in case of bad weather. However, in case the tour has to be cancelled due to a natural disaster, you will be informed one day before the tour. In this case, you will receive a full refund.
- Minimum number of participants
- If there are fewer than 15 participants the tour will be cancelled. In such case we will inform you at least 4 days in advance.
- Terms and Conditions of Travel
- Please visit the ‘Terms and Conditions of Travel'-page.
- Other points of caution
- In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we ask all guests to fill in a health-check form beforehand. We will send you the details after we have received your application. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.